Firmware updates for the cd/dvd drive. Firmware updates for the cd/dvd drive. Why do a firmware update. Firmware upates play an important role, especially concerning cd/dvd drives. They can increase the reading speed, remove dvd-region-code limitations, add writing techniques.
- This page contains information about original and modified NEC ND6650 firmwares.
- Good Day. I have this drive in a Dell XPS2 laptop. It came stock with the unit. I just tried, for the first time, to burn some dvd's. With the stock.
- 8, Windows XP. On this page you can download NEC DV-5800A, ND -1100A, ND -2500A, ND -6500A drivers. ND -6500A DVD+RW Firmware. Windows.
- Download firmware for NEC ND - 6650A. Firmware HQ. > Home > NEC > ND - 6650A > Select Firmware NEC ND - 6650A. The following files are available for.
- Free _NEC DVD+-RW ND - 6650A Firmware 2.62 driver download. 11 firmwares found. Just Download Now.
It can therefore be very helpful to do a firmware update. Where to get firmware updates. The first place to look for firmware should be FSC, you will probably find it at loads. html. If not, you can always ask them directly via email. An alternative is the list in the post below.
Applying the update: "flashing". Usually the firmware update is applied onto the drive with the enclosed exe-file. The firmware itself in a seperate file. The procedure varies though.
Due to the fact that any software will contact the drives indirectly via the firmware, everything depends on it being installed correctly. Should you install the wrong version or should something go wrong while flashing it, it's possible the drive won't be recognized anymore. Note: There can be different revisions of a drive that each need individual versions of the firmware. Sometimes some updates will "just" cause trouble. Please forward any additions/suggestions via mail or PM to aspettl. The German equivalence to this Sticky can be found -> here. Die deutsche Version zu diesem "Sticky"-Thread findet ihr -> hier.
Last edited by aspettl on Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.